MOTION project approved
We are grateful, happy, and excited to announce that our project has been selected and approved by European Union's Erasmus+ programme which is a funding scheme to support activities in the fields of Education, Training, Youth and Sport. Baltic Football School together with Latvian Academy of Sport Education (LSPA), Siauliai Football Federation (Lithuania), FC Elva (Estonia) and Dynamo Kyiv (Ukraine) we will be working together to further develop the youth sports sector.
The main objective of our “Somatoscopic and anthropometric indicator impact on performance” (MOTION) project fully conforms with the general objective of the programme, namely protect athletes, especially the youngest, from health and safety hazards by improving training and competition conditions.
The project aims to focus on these specific innovative aspects:
· Assess the current situation and develop role model for youth athletes
· Develop scientifically based training methodology to improve physical condition in a safe manner
· Utilise technologies to determine posture deviations and muscular tonus against the role model
· Better understand how specific parts of the body might prevent optimal performance
· Foster cross-sectoral cooperation between various institutions, sectors and methods like physiology, physiotherapy, anthropology, and cardiology
Although the project was initially scheduled to start in January 2021, it has been delayed for a few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will begin shortly.
The first item of the project agenda is Erasmus+ Sport Project Coordinators' meeting which will take place on 9th February and will kick-off the whole process.
You will be able to follow all the news across our and our project partner websites and social platforms.